Transportation in Riga
Public Transport in Riga
There are several ways to travel in Riga. Riga has a good public transportation system and transportation routes revolves around the Old City. During night time, several tram and trolleybus routes run once an hour. It is important to know that car transportation is not allowed in Old Town.
- Very good way of sightseeing Riga is going by foot. Riga's Old town is best explored on foot, because it is not very large.
- Taxi transportation is reasonably-priced but you should be careful because taxi drivers could try to overcharge you, also drivers speak in different languages. The price depends by way you order the taxi by the phone which is cheaper, or take the taxi at the entrance of the Airport.
- The Riga transportation system consists of the trams, trains, buses and trolley buses. They all except trains use the same e-ticket system which allows a single price for any route in Riga independently of the distance you will want to take. Railroad lines are running through the city of Riga who connects the very centre of the city with suburbs and nearby towns. Riga bus station is located very close to Riga train station. Public transportation tickets can be bought in two ways: From the transport driver which will cost you 0,7 LVL or buying E-tickets in press kiosks 0,5 LVL
- Another way of Riga transportation is going by bike. Bicycles may be rented from stands several locations in the city. Also there are hotels who provides this service
- For hiring a car there are several car rental offices in Riga airport as well as in other parts of the town.
- A beautiful way or Riga transportation is tour through the city by boat. Boats work during the summer and prices starts from 10 LVL