Doing business in Riga, Latvia
It is definitely worth to start business in Riga. Latvia is the member of the European Union, the Schengen Agreement, the WTO. Latvia is bordered by Russia and Russian language is widely used - it makes a good business platform for entering the European markets, or production of goods under the trademark "Made in EU" for Russia.
By starting a business in Riga, you get the benefit, which is a company registered in any EU country, including the "Old Europe", such as the absence of customs barriers, or to acquire, sell and rent property in any EU country in a lightweight manner. Real estate in Riga is relatively inexpensive and allows the purchase to qualify for a residence permit and visa-free travel to Schengen countries.
Doing business in Riga is to purchase a company or creating your own. The most common type of business in Riga and Latvia is a limited liability company or LLC for short-Latvian SIA.
Just a few reasons to start business in Riga:
• 78% of the Latvian foreign direct investment is concentrated in Riga.
• Riga is a major transportation hub between the East and West.
• Freeport of Riga has a significant role in the multi-modal transport corridor West - East and North - South transport corridors.
• International airport "Riga" is a major international aviation company in the Baltic States and is the region's main air traffic.
• Riga is attractive tourist destination with rich cultural heritage and architectural masterpieces. Since 1997, the historic center is a UNESCO world heritage site.The city is the metropolis of Art Nouveau, as almost 1/3 of buildings representing the historic center of Riga Art Nouveau.
• The city was nominated for the European Capital of Culture 2014 title.
• Latvia is a European leader in terms of economic growth which includes growth of business